The Career Advantage Program (CAP) aims to bridge the gap between school studies and the needs of the workforce. CAP provides an opportunity for full-time senior school students to undertake additional extracurricular studies to gain the skills and aptitude needed to ‘hit the ground running’ when they enter the workforce and achieve rapid success in their career.
The Career Advantage Program provides employers with an opportunity to contribute to the training of the future workforce and to evaluate the trends and talents for their specific future industry needs.
The Career Advantage Program does this by;
- Providing a selection of training courses that can be completed alongside senior school studies.
- Regularly monitoring student progress against expected outcomes.
- Offering real-life business experience through regular work experience in the business environment.
The Career Advantage Program becomes a partnership between the student and:
- The Student
- A Business Sponsor
- The Training Provider – CTI
- The School – monitoring and mentoring the student.
The CAP Courses
Year 11 – Students enrolling in CAP will undertake the Career Fundamentals course comprised of 5 units including:
- Productivity: Time and Task Management
- Professional Conduct in a Business Environment
- Financial Life Skills
- Project Management
- – Excel Using Spreadsheets
Year 12 – Students enrolling in CAP will undertake the Business Foundations course comprised of 4 units including:
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Sales & Marketing
- Economics & Finance
- – Excel Using Advanced Functions
The Student Experience.
Work experience is a meaningful component of CAP. It is highly beneficial to gain from real life business practices.
Students will have the opportunity to complete 100 work experience hours each year.
Educational assistance package
Successful completion of CAP in each year qualifies students to receive an educational assistance package of:
- a school fee subsidy
- an educational allowance to assist with personal living expenses while studying.
- a completion bursary awarded that can be invested on the student’s behalf giving the resource for further education or other needs as they progress their career.
The CAP enrolment process begins towards the end of the year prior to the program.
Students and their parents meet with the school campus CAP Coordinator and Career Readiness Lead (CRL) member to determine a suitable training pathway.
The campus CAP Coordinator and CRL works in consultation with CTI to ensure that each participating student is enrolled.
Information for Business Sponsors (CAP)
The Career Advantage Program provides employers with an ideal opportunity to contribute to the training of the future workforce and to evaluate the trends and talents for their specific future industry needs.
Business Sponsors agree to financially support the program and provide work experience under a Business Partner arrangement.
Students record the work experience hours on the CTI Portal system and the Business Partner will verify the hours worked.